Monday, November 23, 2009

Fantasy indeed

As a married father to two young children, NFL games aren't near the top of my priority list on Sundays. There are family commitments and outings, though I'm fortunate to have an iPhone to keep track of my fantasy players.

Last Sunday, however, was a dream come true. A getaway with one of my best friends, sleeping in, leisurely brunch ... and several hours at a sports bar. It was nachos and drinks in front of seven games (an eighth was in a different part of the establishment and out of my view).

It was great to sit in the midst of hard-core fans who were sporting jerseys and gear from the Vikings, Cowboys, Ravens, Colts, Redskins and even Browns. It was clear that there were several other hard-core fantasy owners who were swiveling their heads as much as I was from game to game. And it's far more enjoyable to be able to watch the game, as oppose to checking my in-game boxscore.

The only bummer was that we missed the Pats game, as my buddy and I had to return to our families. So the next time I get an invitation to go over a friend's house on a Sunday, I think I'll have to redirect to the local sports bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment